Friday 26 March 2010

Friday 26 March - Re: School Concert, Paedophile Paranoia, Last Day of Term, Losing Track of Time,Han's Bunny Ears

Absolutely fantastic, the kids from the feeder primaries were superb and the musical director was astonishing. Talk about enthusiasm, she's it personified. The main school choir (Nat's Bit) were OK at backing them up but it was the primary kids who shone.

It's a real piss off that the school doesn't allow you to take photos or videos; this paedophile paranoia has gone too far. I lose the chance to record my children's achievements because people are terrified some sad pervert will upload it to the internet and other pervs will end up wanking over it. For F's Sake get a sense of perspective! We can't let our lives be ruled by these fears, it brings back to mind Ben Elton's sketch about the "Mythical Three Year Old Child" who may be watching.

It was a fantastic performance that deserved to be recorded for posterity and instead its been lost to our collective paranoia. What a sad world we live in!

It's the last day of term again already! Nat's been at his new school for two whole terms, I still think he's in his first few weeks and before you know it his first year will be over and Han's getting closer and closer to the end of her time at Millfield; it feels as if the last 3 years have just disappeared. Thank God I finally got round to blogging because I can't remember last year at all (08 not 09). Spain, my Op etc. seem like a distant memory. Jesus Obama's been in office for 15 months and I still fell like he's just taken over. I think that part of the problem is the fact that I work nights on this strange four on four off shift and that I've been virtually housebound for the last 20 or so months. Every day's been the same and just blended all into one amorphous mass.
Anyway, Han wore her bunny ears to school today and the pictures are below.

No comments: