Thursday 11 March 2010

Sunday 7 March - Rugby, Vipers, Jimmies, Chippingham, Vikings, Naughty Han,

The day started out fantastically (NOT) with Han being her usual sullen morning self. Unfortunately for her I really wasn’t in the mood to put up with this yet again and I exploded. I went to town big time and the poor thing was in floods of tears. She’s got to stop it though; EVERY morning is the same, it’s like she’s never had to get up wash dress and eat before. Everything is a huge effort and every nag from us is met by a dirty look from her. Thing came to such ahead that Deb was so upset she decided we weren’t going to Rugby after all. Finally things calmed down and we left but I must admit I kept Han on a very tight leash for the rest of the morning and forbad her from leaving our sides.


It was a shame as this certainly, in part, spoiled my morning and I’m sure she and Deb were equally ill at ease. Nat was plying rugby so was in general oblivious of the atmosphere.

Initially we were scheduled to be playing an away game against St James Rugby Club (henceforth Jimmies) but this was changed at the last minute because they were hosting a visiting team from Chippingham and there wouldn’t have been room at their club for all the teams to play. Therefore they sent their juniors to us and we sent our seniors to them. The Chippingham guys put our 2008 tout to shame. Whereas we had simply worn our underpants outside our trousers during our tour they had gone the whole hog and were all dressed as Vikings (see photos below).



TO BE UPLOADED



Vipers under 12’s followed their normal routine and gave away the first game. They may as well have surrendered at the start and saved everybody the disappointment. Neil, the trainer, was nearly apoplectic with rage at their initial performance. But, as usual, after that things only got better. It’s as if they haven’t woken up during the first match. In the following games they gave a much better account of themselves and during one of them Nat scored a try. I can’t remember what the final results were but it wasn’t a walk over for anyone. One slightly larger boy, playing for Jimmies as I recall, gave us all a display of his baboon like bottom throughout. His Mum really needs to buy him larger shorts. His were halfway down his arse and his arse was bright red. If a real baboon had been in the vicinity I would have feared for his virtue!

It was all over shortly after mid day so we came home, Han and I having kinda made our peace. At home I stripped down the PC and gave it a good going over with the air pump…Christ the amount of dust was incredible! Got it up and running again but must have loosened a connection somewhere as it crashed again on Tuesday. I’ll fix it next week after I’ve finished work meanwhile we’ll share Han’s net-book.

Spent the afternoon, after lunch, watching telly and sundry other incidentals none of which come to mind at this late date. I probably stayed up all night, as usual, so Deb could get some sleep without my continual tossing and turning keeping her awake.

No comments: