Friday 12 March 2010

Saturday 13 March - Google Street View

Yes, it's finally here for the rest of us; Google Street View has rolled out for the UK as a whole so we can now see our homes in all their gory detail. It’s been a fun evening showing everyone here at work how to find their houses and how to the engage street view. JDM can now see a picture of his dearly beloved leaving the house via the side gate just as the GSV car passed by. Cynicism aside, it's an astonishing achievement and better still it works on a smart phone. I can now go virtually anywhere in the UK power up my GPS, load Google Maps and see the street I'm on and how to get from where I am to where I want to be. Add free world wide navigation from Nokia and augmented reality apps and you really have got the whole world in your pocket.

No comments: