Friday 12 November 2010

I Am Spartacus, @christt, Paul Chambers, @CrispySea, Loughborough Fair, Call of Duty, @Fab44Me, @Burlivesleftnut, Jack Kirby, The New Gods,

Today saw the #Iamspartacus campaign get launched on Twitter. After the judgement was made public there was an outcry. Many people, myself included, advocated resending the tweet but it took this tweet to get it going  - The online campaign was started by @christt, who tweeted yesterday evening: "I think we should all tweet Paul Chambers' original joke, Spartacus style. Thousands of us. Would that work? #twitterjoketrial". Before you knew it not only was this the top tending hashtag tweet in the UK it was the top trending hashtag in the World. Now whether or not this will have any effect on the intended appeal against the appeal is moot but it did demonstrate the outrage of those people who were aware of the trial at its outcome.
On another Twitter related note a comment I made about @CrispySeas tweet resulted in him sending me the following message @mysickbones It's a solid extra point to add to the post, you wanna stick it on the comments or want me to include it in the post somewhere? I suggested it would make more sense as an amendment and he’ll let me know when he’s done so {find out tweet subject}
I never have been involved in the use of chat rooms but since using Twitter I’ve come to understand why they are so popular. After all what is Twitter other than a glorified chat room?
When Deb got home that afternoon she suggested that we visit the fair in Loughborough that evening. Nat had some friends round playing Call of Duty so decided to stay home. This meant it was just the three of us and in a way that was good because it allowed Hannah to be the focus all our attention;. I don’t think we give her enough and this might explain her attitude because even if Daddy is shouting at you at least he’s interacting with you.
The fair was great, expensive but great. I went on two rides with Han and she went on a few by herself. We stayed for a couple of hours then made our way home, we couldn’t afford to remain any longer. I filmed the rides while Han and I were on them and they appear below along with the photographs we took.



When we returned and told Nat about it he regretted not coming and has vowed to go next year. However, he did manage to play Call of Duty with Nick the Son of the lady (@Fab44Me) in Las Vegas.
Later on I uploaded Jack Kirby’s original New Gods series of comics for @Burlivesleftnut  to download. Quite an interesting day all told and my Twitter followers are now 230.

No comments: