Tuesday 23 November 2010

Poorly Hannah, Nat back To School, Tummy Ache Continues,

Hannah was still unwell this morning and will stay home off school for another day. Nat seemed to have recovered and went to school although not on his bike Deb drove him there. How he fared I don’t know as when I got up this PM he was at his friend Brandon’s house. He wasn’t back when I left but I assume he must be better or he wouldn’t have gone out.


Deb took another “sick child” day and stayed home with Hannah; that meant that I was able to go to bed and not stay up with her. She still looked pretty rough when I woke and it looks as though it’ll be another no school day tomorrow..

I again stole Nat’s N95 and tried to listen to The Phones Show Chat Podcast but kept falling asleep. After a number of restarts I eventually heard it all the way through although not all at one time. It’s a little worrying to hear Steve Litchfield announce that he’s abandoned the N8 in favour of his old N86 as that’s the phone I nearly bought. He has a point about touch screens however and it’s easy to see the allure of an old fashioned real keyboard. The bottom line is, I suppose, that there’s no such thing as “the perfect phone” it’s more a case of horses for courses. Anyway, it’s all academic at the present time for all I know I’m now the proud possessor of a Nokia Personal Media Player if Carphone Warehouse doesn’t come through with the repair!

Before I retired for the day, I’m a vampire I is, I finished updating the blog which now only requires the inclusion of a few more photos and videos to bring it bang up to date.

Work was hectic tonight and I helped out issuing the emergency calls. I, it appears, drew the short straw and ended up with the busiest area. I didn’t stop for breath from 20:30 until just after 00:30; on the upside the time just flew by. Eventually things quietened down and I was able to go back to my normal duties.

It’s a slow night punctuated only by my frequent trips to the little boys room; I suspect that I’m suffering, mildly, from the same malady as the kids…shit to coin a phrase, well a word actually you can’t really refer to a single word as a phrase, can you? Is it possible to claim "Squatters Rights" over someone elses toilet?

No comments: