Friday 5 November 2010

My Birthday, No Presents, Holiday, Rumit Nat's Mate, Warhammer, Cake and Cyder

PHOTOGRAPH CARDS

Today was my birthday, I won’t say how old as that’s depressing but not as depressing as being dead I suppose, but I didn’t get anything. Apparently the Nokia N8 I’m going to buy out of the masses of overtime I did before we went on holiday is to be my present from me to me…aren’t I a lucky boy?


I had booked the night off work, I had 48 hours unused holiday, our holiday runs from birthday to birth day, and one can only carry over a week’s worth, so I needed to use up the excess hours. The plan was, because I wouldn’t need to go to bed next morning, that we’d go to the allotment next day to clear it. Things never go to plan!

Nat, having forgotten it was my birthday, had invited friend round after school in order to teach him how to play Warhammer40,000. I wasn’t really upset there was just something in my eye and it wouldn’t stop watering…honest. Anyway home he came with Rumit in tow and they proceeded to cover the dining table in assorted monsters and space wolves (don’t ask). Rumit, who seemed like a good kid, only stayed until about 6:00 when his granddad called to collect him.

We did celebrate my birthday a little with a cake and a bottle of the apple juice (for the kids) and a bottle of the Berry Rattler (for me) we’d bought at the Cyder Farm.

These were yummy in the extreme.

2 comments:

Injun Trouble said...

Happy Birthday!! It's my son's, as well : )

Hope it's not been a complete cock-up.

MySickBones said...

Hi Injun Trouble, I'll let you know, as you can see I've got a backlog of blogs to be done this weekend. But no problems so far. A Belated Happy Birthday to you lad