Saturday 13 November 2010

Bruce Redundant, Jacob's Sleep-Over, Nat Away, Payslip, Over-Time Wrong, Supreme Twattery, N8, Chick-Flick,

Terrible news today; the company that Bruce, Jacob and Josh’s Dad, works for has gone bust and he’s been made redundant. This is devastating news for them. Bruce earned 40K per annum while Chris, his wife, earns only £10K part time. They are facing an 80% drop in income and when Deb picked up Nat from there the following morning and spoke to Chris she just burst into tears and said they had no idea what they were going to do. It’s all right to talk about necessary cuts and spending restraint but its different when it hurts someone you know and like.
To make matters worse Jacob was due to have a load of kids over to stay the night today to celebrate his 13th birthday. This still went ahead and Nat stayed the night there. I’ve told Nat that if Jacob’s parents have to start selling things, like his and Josh’s games consoles and such, he is to make sure that they know they are welcome at our house at anytime play on his with him. They’ve shared more than enough of their stuff with him quid pro quo. Despite the news the sleep over was a great success and we didn’t see Nat again after he went to their house at 2pm. Deb, as I mentioned, picked him up the next morning.
I received my payslip in the post this morning and imagine my surprise when I discovered I hadn’t been paid for all of my overtime. Later, at work, I discovered this was because the third time sheet that I thought I’d handed in before we went on holiday hadn’t been given in, I must have just picked up the two and not the third, so I gave it to John to process for December. This example of Supreme Twattery, far above and beyond the call of duty as it was, should have provided me with a warning to be more careful and if it had then my N8 would now be in my pocket not off in the hospital for poorly mobiles but more of this later. Anyway, Nat was away and as I left for work Han and Deb settled down to watch a chick flick…yuck! I was going to try and get this blog up to date but got side tracked by other things which is why I’m doing it now instead.

No comments: