Saturday 27 November 2010

Overtime, Work, Ancient Civilisation, Nat and the Horse Stealing Gypies, Poor N8, Frantic Night, Snow,

Well what happened on Saturday? To be honest I have no idea and that’s because it is currently 04:33 on Sunday morning and I’ve been working non-stop since 8pm last night. I’m absolutely knackered, so much so that I just spelt absolutely wrongly three times. Jesus H Christ on a crutch, a bit of snow in the UK and you’d think it was “the day after tomorrow”; people are so lacking in perspective! So I can’t remember what happened yesterday. Fell asleep downstairs…again, Nat went to school to keep building his robot…again Twittered for a while …again (280 followers but quite a number are spam followers) Deb and Hannah went shopping…again and Nat went into town this afternoon with his mates…again.

Hasmuhk called and asked me if I could come in to work this evening because the other team was very short handed because of sickness and that it was very busy because of the snow. I agreed that I’d work through the night and that the rate was double bubble. Before I went to bed and Nat went into town we all watched the first episode of the new BBC series Ancient Civilisations which was superb. Even Hannah seemed to watch most of it…Yes Hannah!

Grabbed a few hours shut eye, had a number of weird dreams including Nat conspiring with Gipsy relatives we didn’t know we had to steal the horses we also didn’t know we had. That one worked out well in the end…I think. I can’t remember anything about the others; other than the fact that they were equally as odd.

Managed to snatch a few hours sleep before I was up and getting ready for work. Deb drove me in, to icy to cycle, and will pick me up in the morning. When I saw the number of calls in queue I nearly turned round and left but by then Deb had gone and the chance was lost. After this things got worse as the numbers climbed to three figures. I’ll draw a veil over the remainder of the night suffice to say I’m totally bollixed and want to go home…Now!

In fact I’ve just realised that I’m so zoned out that I hadn’t noticed that I should have taken my lunch break half an hour ago. So I’ll now see if I can tough it out until *I’ve only 45 minutes to go and then take it and my 15 minute break together and finish for the morning. The last part of this entry should have been in the Sunday blog but that shows you just how tired I am! I’ve just informed the over night manager, Bali, of my intentions and that I’m finishing at 06:00 instead of 07:00 so I’ve got eight minutes left before signing off and enjoying the next 105 minutes before I go home. That’s now dropped to six minutes but no doubt I’ll catch another before this has elapsed! Well I was right, I did catch another and a funny little one it was. Confidentiality precludes me giving any details.

Oh yes, there was one other small matter; just before I left for work I thought I'd check on the Carphone Warehouse site to see how the repair of my N* was progressing. Hooray, looked along the progress bar and it appeared that it had been repaired and was about to be returned to the shop for me to pick up. Oh Shit, I carried on reading only to discover the accompanying notes which were to advise me that their engineer had been unable to affect a repair and yes my phone could still do everything except make phone calls. So Deb's got herself a flash expensive Sat-Nav and high end camera and I need to do more overtime! Chalk it up to experience boy and forget those suicidal thoughts!

No comments: