Wednesday 22 April 2009

Friday 24 April - Doreen's Birthday

Got up early today, had meant to sleep in because we're going over to Redditch this PM so see Deb's Mum, its her birthday today, and then I've go to work tonight. Unfortunately I couldn't stay asleep as my left leg had start to hurt quite badly and when his happens there's nothing to do but get up and use it. If you stay in bed it just gets worse. I think I was up for about 9:00 and at 9:30 I injected my 60 Mins of JK chavrality. Feeling refreshed I did bugger all for the rest of the morning. Decided to wait until about 2pm before taking Monty out for a walk hoping this would mean he would sleep most of the time we were away.

Deb and kids home about 3:30 off we went. Got to Redditch about 4:30. We were expecting to stay only a short while but Dorren and Alf had prepared food and other things (it's Deb's 50th on Monday) so we stayed much later than we expected to. By the time we'd eaten dinner, ice cream and cake I was bloated and half asleep. Before we left, Nat mentioned to Alf that since he couldn't connect his VHS player to his Sky box it wasn't any use to him and that seeing as how ours was broken could we borrow it so that Nat could watch the rest of the Babylon 5 tapes we have at home - cheeky bugger. After we had loaded the VHS player we left at about 7:45 so that I could go to work. Got to work, half asleep by now, just after 9:00 and luckily everyone was in so I was able to book a nights holiday at short notice - don't get shorter. Good thing, I fell asleep as soon as we got home and Deb left me asleep on the sofa when she went to bed.

Ring ring ring ring .....11:45 woke up, the phone was ringing, who the F***, is calling at this time? Hi Donna; Donna, a family friend, had been out with a friend but had lost track of her in the bar they were in, she started feeling panicky and decide to get a taxi and go home. It wasn't until she had got in and was on the way home that she remembered that her money and keys were in her friends bag and when she called her, luckily she still had her phone, she didn't answer. OK Don, Deb's in bed, let me check if shes got any money, I knew I only had a fiver, we're in luck she's got a tenner in her purse. Get the taxi to drop you here and I'll pay him.
10 Min's later, here's the money. Donna was now stuck, we have no spare bed but I said she could stay on the sofa if she wanted. She decided to stay at her Dad's, he lives about 10 Min's away but needed to call him to check if he was home yet - he'd gone out to the Shakespeare in town that evening. No reply home tel so lets try his mobile. I've got my old phone and his numbers not in here. So Donna calls her friend Jonathon to send her her Dad's number but her phone runs out of charge as she's talking to him. So I text J to send info to my phone, which he does and he sends it as a business card. Now I already have another number sent to me by J the same way and when I save this text it saves in the same folder as his other message. So, I open wrong text and try to call this number. No response, it turns out that's the number for the phone Donna has that's just gone dead. Eventually realise error and call correct number - No Reply. Donna stays until 1:00 then leaves with my spare phone which was originally hers before she gave it to me and Han's charger which is the right kind for Donna's phone. 10 Min's later Donna calls from her Dad's house, he wasn't out, he was asleep and as he's very deaf (see previous post picking up the bike) he didn't hear her ring. SORTED.

Decided now I'm far too awake to go to bed so I watched the three episodes of Spooks I'd recorded but hadn't yet watched. Brilliant, as ever, except for the final episode of the series (series 2 I think) that made no sense whatsoever. Is Tom dead and will we ever know if he is or not - roll on series 3?

4.30am bed

No comments: