Wednesday 22 April 2009

Saturday 25 April - Good Start but Totally Screwed Evening

We were all up early (ish) about 11.30 in my case today we're going to do lots on the allotment because I've got the night off tonight in anticipation of the rugby tournament tomorrow.

We managed to get a fair bit of work done, we dug over, covered and planted the strawberry patch, tied off the sweet peas and peas, did a lot of weeding and I dug over another patch of ground. As usual I took photos so that we could track our progress throughout the year. It occurred to me that it would be nice to get photos of all the plots on our row. I'm hoping, if George wants me to, to photography every plot and then allow people to access them on line to tag and detail them so photographing our row seemed like a good start. In addition I thought I'd see if I could create a panoramic photo be overlapping them and then using software to stitch them together (I did manage to do something of the sort but I'll need to get better overlaps next time). Han and I worked our way down the row (see photos below)and on the way we met a few of fellow allotmenteers. There was Mary(?), who has a plot about 7 plots down from us and at the plot at the far end (George has the plot at the other end) belonged to Phil (who had his kids with him who Han immediately played with). Wayne, who has the plot next to us, was there when we arrived and while Han and I were filming Deb met mark who has the allotment behind ours. He was kind enough to offer us one of his water butts if we wanted one. Blow are the photos I took on the day. That was the good part of the day over!


The proverbial excrement was about to make contact with the air agitation mechanism. As usual Nat and Han had spent much of the day bickering, hitting each other and telling on each other and I was reaching the limits of my patience. Deb had brought home some latex gloves that Han could wear to protect her thumb. However she kept messing with these and it was obvious that sooner or later they would be broken and ruined. Nat was constantly making remarks at her expense and tempers were getting fraught. Because we weren't going out for a meal to celebrate Deb's birthday she had told them that we would be having Domino's Pizza takeaway that evening as a special treat. At home things did not improve and finally I lost it big time with Han when she refused to stop playing with the gloves.

This proved to be the straw that broke Debs back, she went to bed, pizza was cancelled and we all went without. No doubt this will eventually all be my fault so, no change there! The kids won't learn and next weekend will be the same. They came down later to apologise but as I said, I didn't want their apologies I wanted their behavior to change.

Went to ASDA and bought some beer, for the first time since August I very nearly bought a packet of cigarettes.
Everyone upstairs other than me, watched TV and messed about on PC untill about 3am.
To Bed

No comments: