Tuesday 21 April 2009

Monday 20 April - To Borders and Things.

Hannah stayed home with me today; as expected her finger was very painful and the thought of school proved too much to bear. I decided it might be fun to go out and take her mind off things, so I suggested we go to Borders bookshop to see what was new in and that I'd take her to Starbucks afterward for a hot chocolate.

Han couldn't ride her bike, couldn't reach the brakes and hold handlebars with both hands so she went on her scooter. We separated, she went to the kiddies section and I went to the SciFi section. We met up about 30 Min's later and went upstairs to Starbucks. Han had a
HOT CHOCOLATE VENI

I Had
AMERICANO VENI BLACK

Unfortunately, the dishwasher had broken - they had beaten him too hard - so we had to have our drinks in disposable cups (£4.95 and no offer of a discount for the inconvenience). Some number of people seem to use this Starbucks for off site business meetings and it's really quite fun to eavesdrop on their conversations and try to make some sense out of them.

We made our way home around 2PM and I, being knackered, immediately fell asleep, on the sofa; I'd got home from work at 8am that morning and hadn't slept.

I woke when Deb got home, Nat told her that his sports Kit no longer fit him and he needed a complete new outfit. She when to Fosse Park with him and returned saying that he was now too big for all the kids sports kits (supposedly up to age 14 - Nat's 11) and had had to be fitted out from the small man range, bang goes the VAT exemption so everything just got a lot more expensive.

Didn't do a great deal in the evening, Han couldn't go to cubs, because of her thumb so we stayed home. We all watched the Gadget Show together and then the kids went to bed around 9PM.

By now I was too tired to sleep so I created a photobucket account on the Internet and finally went to bed at about midnight.

No comments: