Wednesday 22 April 2009

Wednesday 22 April - Computer Totally F***** Trf hard drive to Nats PC, Rugby Training

As of this morning the computer is completely bollixed. No hard drives, Windows and Ubuntu have vanished completely and the only way i can get anything working is to load Ubuntu from a CD. Event then the only thing the system can find is the Western Book external hard drive (EHD). The first thing to do is transfer as much as I can from the EHD to Nat's computer. Then if I can some how retrieve them I've somewhere to transfer the contents of my hard drives to . Otherwise, if I do a reformat, I'll lose everything stored on them.

The transfer took hours but eventually I managed to free up about 133GB on the EHD by transferring all the Audio books, Films, TV progs and Photos to Nat's spare drive.

Tonight Nat's got rugby training; normally he'd leave early in order to attend scouts but as this is the last training session of the season and the last before the big end of season tournament on Sunday he's going to give scouts a miss and stay for the whole session. It was a nice evening so we all went along, in tee shirts, to watch. They had a new trainer, a guy (I can't recall his name) who is a professional coach and who likes to motivate his students. KILL THEM, SMASH THEM, USE THE BALL LIKE A SPEAR, MAKE THEM FIGHT FOR IT ETC ETC. The lads loved it and the improvement in their performs in the hour and a half was incredible. The question is, will they remember all this on Sunday?

By the end of the first 30 Mins I was frozen, the field is quite exposed and there's always a fair breeze blowing. I had assumed (made an ass out of u and me) that, as usual, one of my fleeces was in the boot of the car but, unbeknown to me, Deb had cleaned out the boot a few days before and sundry coats and such were now safely at home. Never fear, I stole her coat, she had a cardigan after all.

Fin about 7:30 and home.

No comments: