Tuesday 7 April 2009

Tuesday 7/4/9 ByeBye Bike & A Long Walk

It's a beautiful day today and we're going out for a long walk.

First off, we're going to take my bike to the Raleigh dealer and get it serviced, then we're going for a walk to the canal.

Dropped off the bike, explained that the brakes were in dire need of attention and described how the handlebars had come away in my hands whilst I was riding, Christ I was so luck not to be badly hurt when that happened. I remember that I went down as if pole-axed and that two drivers stopped to see if I was OK. Should get a call later this week telling me when I can pick it up and how much it's going to cost!

Off we go, got to the park via the jitty next to Donna's Dad's house. From there we walked over to the play area where the kids amused themselves for 10 Min's. Why have they taken away the swings?

Because of the very limited facilities we didn't stay there for any length of time. Continued on over the fields until we reached the River Soar where we stopped for a drink and some crisps. Han wished she had brought a towel so she could have a paddle. Maybe tomorrow. Mooched about for awhile before setting off for the canal. We crossed the old packhorse bridge (the bridge dates back to the 15th Century and according to the plaque before that there had been a ford at this site for centuries) which brought us onto the canal. We walked away from town toward Kings Lock to see whether the cafe had opened yet. The old lock keepers cottage has been converted into a lovely little cafe but it's not open in the winter. According to the sign on the door it's reopening on Good Friday. It looked as if some work has been carried out in the garden area to create a larger sitting area, but I couldn't confirm this.

Nat jogged around the playing fielded for the first time in an attempt to start building up his stamina for rugby. Did really well for a first attempt and completed the distance in a reasonable time. I don't know how he's going to cope when I start making him wear a brick filled rucksack!
Home, rest, TV , Games, Computer etc.
Nothing particular happened during the rest of the evening, unless you count my discovering that I could communicate telepathically with Monty. Every time he wanted to go outside for a pee I was able to tell because I started to experience a strange sensation in my mind that I can only describe as a kind of whining sound. I'll keep you abreast of further developments. This could be a breakthrough moment for animal/human communication!

No comments: