Monday 10 May 2010

Monday 10 May - First Day Home Alone and Some Thoughts Political

Not up for one crutch operations just yet so today was a bit of a pig. Couldn't make myself a hot drink because I couldn't carry one from the kitchen and ran out of tinny's quite quickly...No Coffee, No Beer, Oh God the HORROR of it all!
Kept watching the election coverage; again I must say I'm impressed with just how many ways 24 hour rolling news can repackage the same story over and over again! I'm obviously s deep down  Lib-Dem because my brain tells me that they will have to do a deal with the Tories but my heart longs for them to join with Labour and create the so called "New Progressive Alliance". The thing is that we are facing problems of such magnitude over the coming decades that unless we change our electoral system to allow middle ground parties to take hard decisions without automatically losing the next election we are doomed. It we retain first past the post then every five years we'll kick out the Governing party because of the hard choices it made in exchange for the soon to be broken promises of it's opposition. Honestly, I can't understand why any political party would have wanted to win this election! If the Tories had won an outright victory then at the next election they  could have been facing the prospect of being out of power for a generation. Anyway the talks between the Lib-Dems and the Tories continue with Gordon Brown weighing in; saying he's resigning as leader of the Labour and is willing to talk to Nick Clegg about a Lab/Lib-Dem coalition.

No comments: