Thursday 27 May 2010

Thursday 27 May – Not a Lot, Weight Watchers, Oh My God… I Liked Bruce Forsythe, Question Time

Done nothing of import today, just sat and read and watched TV and did a little surfing. Ditto Deb and the Kids nothing of any great significance other than Nat arriving at the conclusion that he was better off not going on the Forrest of Dean trip (he wasn’t picked in the draw) because they’ll hardly have anytime there and if we are going to spend a £150 on a school trip some of the ones in the upper years are better.

Weight Watchers - Lost 5 lbs

I hate Bruce Forsythe, not personally, but as an entertainer - he gets right up my nose. So imagine my surprise when  I thought he was brilliant on Have I Got News For You. Self deprecating and very witty, oh Bruce if only you’d been like this before I could have saved myself all that dislike. Anyway you were brilliant even if you thought you were older than the queen… she’s 2 years older than you matey! Ian Hislop, however, was obviously embarrassed by your antics.
Watched Question Time tonight, wow Piers Morgan came over very well and really laid into Alastair Campbell over the whole Iraq affair. Like most people I’d accepted the description of Morgan as a complete tosser who supped from the crumbs of Simon Cowell’s table; however this evening he was one who pulled no punches; his feeling about the Iraq War are obviously strongly and sincerely held. At one point it seemed that the programme was going to become the Morgan v Campbell debate show.

No comments: