Tuesday 11 May 2010

Tuesday 11 May - No Beer: Nuff said and Oh Yeah we've got a New Government

Got up about 9:00 managed to dress myself, you've never seen anything quite so odd as me getting my left leg into the correct underpants leg hole. Every time I do it I wonder to myself  " will this be dislocated hip day"?
Deb had made me a flask of coffee in the hope that this would make up for there being no beer in the fridge...as if! "I wonder what those strange flaky things are" I thought to myself as I opened the flask, "they look like bits of plastic"? Well whatever they were the coffee was undrinkable and it looks as if the flask is now totally buggered; talk timing, why today of all days, I've had the damned thing for five years? So, no coffee, no tea, no beer and only lager shandy in the fridge to drink and I still didn't kill myself. I'm not quite sure how I managed not to but somehow I did.

Things are beginning to happen and it looks like we may have a new Government by the end of the day. All eyes are still on the Tories and the Lib-Dems whose talks are continuing. Whether the talks between lab and the Lib-Dems are real or just a ploy by Gordon Brown to allow the LD's to wring more concessions out of the Tories is moot.

So the Tories and LD's have reached agreement, Cameron is to be Prime minister and Clegg will be Deputy. I'm sure more details will emerge tomorrow. I'll write more tomorrow about the whole election from Thursday night to date.

No comments: