Monday 17 May 2010

War of the World and Mobile Phones Cause Cancer…NOT but not according to “The Mail”

Flicking through the TV on Demand channel this PM had a look at the “last chance to see2 category and came across Professor Niall Campbell Douglas Ferguson’s 2006 series War of the World which I’d seen when it was first broadcast but,  I was sure I’d missed some episodes so I started watching the sixth final episode. Then I thought to myself, I’ve got a Son who loves history and decided to wait until Nat got home so that we could watch together. Now, the fifth episode, the penultimate one, was about the Cold war and he’s always asking me about that so I thought we could watch the last two rather than just the last. Good call on my part, we watched the some of episode 5 before he went to kickboxing and then the rest on return followed by the final one. He loved them, as I’d guest and we were going to start the whole series from scratch but couldn’t because the Debster wanted to watch the Time team special on Nelson Navel Hospital; so that’s tomorrow’s after school TV sorted.

I’ve also watched another  history series he’s made and whilst he does take an unconventional line I  enjoyed  it immensely: – The Ascent of Money!

What really pisses one off is that Deb’s had Time Team frozen now for twenty minutes whilst she natters away on the phone!!!!!!!

At last, finally - There is no known biological mechanism by which mobiles could cause cancer, but there has been public concern. Now at last perhaps this rubbish can be laid to rest. This is why people get up in arms about masts as well. But even this doesn’t stop the daily mail’s campaign to convince you that EVERYTTHING gives you cancer. I’m writing this post at 22:10 and this was posted on the Mail On Line 2 hours ago

Talking on the mobile just 30mins a day linked with heightened risk of brain cancer
What is it with the DAILY MAIL AND CANCER, IT’S LIKE THE DAILY EXPRESS AND THE “MURDER” OF PRINCESS DI!!!

They have made up their minds now don’t confuse them with the FACTS. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were just individual Nutters but for Christ’s sake they are newspapers with a duty, where possible, to report facts not obsessive bullshit. Note the first paragraph -

Using a mobile phone for just half an hour a day could raise the odds of brain cancer by up to 40 per cent, a controversial study has concluded. This is based on one statistical freak result but this won’t change believers minds. It’s like the Vaccine Autism believers; it’s balls but they are convinced.
Have you always wondered why The Mail is held up as an object of ridicule by so many ?

Well now you know one of the many many many reasons!!!

No comments: