Friday 21 May 2010

Friday 21 May – Pakistan Massacre, 1st Family Walk, Sherlock Holmes (Revised), Smallville

Well, I see we have yet another example of the wonderful tradition of “Honour Killing” and another family destroyed by it; no matter so long as we continue to honour cultural diversity and practice moral relativism it’s not a problem. Well actually it is, some things are wrong, you don’t wipe out a family because of a disagreement over a marriage! How long before something similar actually happens in the UK? I have no control over the cultural of Pakistanis’ living in in Pakistan but I can most certainly object to it’s transposition to the UK. We have enough home grown uneducated primitives  (I’m referring to Thatcher’s destroyed generation – Burberry Glad Amoral Chavs)  of our own without importing anymore. I’ve no objection to immigration (in fact in view of our aging population I welcome all the skilled immigrants who want to come here, after all someone has to pay my pension) but what I do object to is people refusing to integrate. If you intend to relocate permanently to another country then you should assimilate the culture of that country. This applies equally, as far as I’m concerned, to British Ex-Pats; if you move to Spain then at least try to learn Spanish. I’ve a great deal of respect for the French and USA models, if you want to live in France fine but that means you have to become French ditto USA. No doubt, we’ll have some sound bite Imam wheeled out to tell us that this has nothing to do with Islam which, of course, is a religion of peace and that it’s simply a coincidence that Islam seems always to be the dominant religion in the countries where Honour Killing is common.

As of today we are all supposed to walk the dog together everyday; finally we took Monty over the playing fields shortly after 7PM. Han ran aroud the outside of the field while the three of us crossed it; she only narrowly avoided beating us! When we got home we watched the new Guy Richie film Sherlock Holmes on DVD; I can’t decide if I liked it or not, I think another viewing is called for, there was lots of action, it was fairly funny and Downey and Law played off each other quite well but something didn’t quite hit the spot. later that evening after everyone else was in bed I watched three episodes of Smallville series three. I’d forgotten how similar every episode is to every other, I can’t decide why i like it. i think it’s that I’m fascinated to watch the fall of Lex Luther because I rather like the young Lex.

Anyway, I finally made it to bed by 6:30 AM and slept in quite late in the morning!

No comments: