Monday 17 May 2010

My First Walk and Another Missed Opportunity

Went out this PM for a walk by myself; while I’ve walked to the surgery and a short way up the Kingsway before now this was the first time since my Op that I’ve gone out to see haw far I could go. Very successful, I’m happy to say, I was out for about 30 minutes and in no great pain by the time I got home. I wasn’t until then that I realised quite how strenuous it had been. Sat down and 30 seconds later I was drenched in sweat, not like the temperature fluctuations I’ve been experiencing just a reaction to the walk itself. I have been left feeling light headed since so I’ll need to bear this in mind next time. But, all in all, a good start. It’s just after 3:00PM now and I’m wondering whether or not to walk up toward the school and meet Han on her way home. The problem is I don’t know if Deb’s picking her up or if she’s walking home. It’s the last Gadget Show of the series tonight and if I want to any the competition I need to put some credit on my phone; or should we send a post card?

I’ve just heard an advert on TV that tells me that yet again I spotted an opportunity that I should have followed up on. A couple of years ago I became aware that you could sent off an opticians prescription to India and get a set of spec’s back for a fraction of the price it would cost you in the UK. I thought at the time “that sounds like a good business opportunity” but I never followed up on the initial research. It seems that someone else had the same idea but they acted on it; I’ve just seen an advert for Glasses Direct who are obviously doing just this…I’m such a twat score one more for low self esteem, I should have believed in myself!

No comments: