Friday 8 October 2010

Hawaiian News, Hiloecho, Bullying, Digital Planet, Lucy Dog, Brandon, Monopoly, Over Time,

Its 21:46 I’m at work, with Julie B, Carol and Gail doing overtime, they’re here until 11:00 while a mugging here is on until mid-night. It’s time to look back over today… made it home for 08:35 which was pretty good as I didn’t get away until about 08:10. I left as the Outriders podcast started and reached home just as it ended approx 24 minute’s.


Once home I logged onto the net to take a look at the Hawaiian TV news that hiloecho had flagged up on Twitter. This featured him lobbying about school bullying and getting his daughter’s school to sign a pledge to deal with racial and sexual harassment. His daughter had been suffering the hands of bullies and the school had failed to take the action their promised to put a stop to it (insert vid). Afterward I sent him a private message just to confirm he was the Dad (dif name to the one he uses’s on Twitter) and to congratulate him on his and his wife’s achievement. We exchanged a few more messages before I went to bed. In bed I put on the latest Digital Planet podcast but kept falling asleep. I must have restarted it four times and each time I fell asleep. In the end I listened to it on the way to work.

Deb woke me at Five and advised that we had a lady visiting downstairs; it was Lucy, Brandon’s dog, who’d come to visit with him and who was madly playing 2with Monty who seemed to think that doggy Xmas had come.

Nat, Brandon and Hannah were downstairs playing Monopoly, yes monopoly on a board not a PC or X-Box…Proper monopoly…amazing. Deb had made pizza for tea but to be honest I only had a couple of slices. I’ve gone right off pizza as it is and this one was particular unpleasant and seemed to leave a nasty aftertaste. Whoops, we’re supposed to be going to Pizza Hut for Nat’s birthday next Friday, I’ll have the salad thank you!

Left for work at 18:15 and here I am now.

No comments: