Sunday 3 October 2010

Rain, Rugby, Lost, Market Bosworth, Trashed, Sunday TV,

Last night it never stopped raining for a moment. By morning our garden was soaked and it continued to rain. The four of us were all going to go to Market Bosworth to watch Nat and the Vipers play there. In the end it was decided that I should stay at home with Hannah rather than risk her getting a cold standing round in the rain, or me for that matter. So, in the end, only Deb went with him. Remember the following Very Important Point, in the car with them was my old Nokia N95, now Nat’s, which comes equipped with it’s very on GPS chip. Yes you are correct it has satellite navigation built in. Now remembering this why the f**k did I get a call at 09:50 telling me they were lost in market Bosworth and could I get directions off of Google Maps for them. If they were lost how was I to know where they were in order to plot directions from there (the unknown) to the Rugby Club…Doh!!! In addition why didn’t they just get out the N95 and find their position, which they could then have texted to me…Doh!!! Finally, why on earth weren’t they using the Sat Nav in the first place? Even if they weren’t actively using it if they’d put the destination in before they left and just left it running on the dashboard when they eventually got lost it would have told them where they were and how to get to where they wanted to be…Doh!!! As I endeavoured to work out a way to establish their position them in order to direct them Nat called back to say they’d seen a sign to the Club and my help was no longer required.
Hannah and I remained at home and between messing on the PC I tried to watch the Andrew Marr show and the subsequent programme discussing the role of religion within society and the political system…it has no place in the political system we are a Secular country. I really don’t know why I subject myself to these programmes (not Andrew Marr who is superb) because I invariably end up SHOUTING AT THE PARTICIPANTS LIKE SOME DERANGED LOON. Anyway, after I’d finished SHOUTING that is to say, once the vacuous twonks had finished spouting bollocks it was nearly 12:00. Not long after a very wet and bedraggled Deborah accompanied by a very wet and muddy Nat arrived home. Deb was soaked and frozen and immediately headed for a shower. Nat explained that the Vipers had been absolutely annihilated by the opposing team and, that in addition to this, he’d hurt his neck in the scrum (my nightmare) when the opposition kept coming in high into the scrum causing him to strain his neck and back.
The perennial moaning about Nat’s failure to write his blog happened later. He’s agreed (again!!!) to write it every day in exchange for us agreeing to pay for him to go on the school skiing trip in 2012. This matter was to come to a head later in the week. I’m terrified that we are going to have to teach him a very harsh lesson if he’s not careful. You can keep breaking agreements for ever, eventually the other person will run out of patience and once you’re fired that’s it matey!!! After the others had retired for the night I settled down in front of the PC to do a little twittering; at 22:49 I uploaded my Two Thousandth Tweet which I’ve forgotten to make a note of and can’t be arsed to located at the present moment. And so (after me) to Fall Asleep On The SOFA!!!

No comments: