Monday 11 October 2010

Monday 11 Oct - overtime, work, night team, moscow, circus, twitter

Last night I moved over and sat near the alternative night team. What a mistake, sat there for three hours during which time not a single one of them spoke to me. Well if they ever ask for someone to transfer teams I know someone who won’t be volunteering!
Eventually midnight arrived and I packed up and cycled home. I got back around 12:30 which wasn’t bad going as I was cycling into the wind most of the way home. I wonder if cycling is why my hips still hurt after the operations. I grabbed a beer from the fridge, Oh God there are only four and we’ve no money until Friday. I nursed two of them while playing about on Twitter waiting to wind down enough to go to bed. I think I came up with some bad Hashtags film titles but I was to make up for this later when I got up. Finally, about 2:30 I went to bed and slept until nine when I woke to cancel my dental appointment; there were two reasons for doing this, one, I wanted to stay in bed and two I didn’t have any money to pay them with and they’ve stopped accepting cheques.
Eventually, I woke at 1:00 PM and came downstairs to watch the news followed by the amazing Jeremy Kyle (I love you Jeremy). However, I soon became involved in another twitter hashtag game and poor Jeremy’s programme was frozen for 90 minutes while I came up with as many stupid quotes as possible. The Tag was “#four wordsyouwouldn’twanttohearapoliticiansay”
I also noticed that next week, when we’re away, the Moscow State Circus comes to Leicester. I took Nat to see this circus when he was a just little boy but Hannah and Deb didn’t come because Hannah was a baby in arms and we don’t do that “take the baby who’ll cry all the way through and spoil it for everybody else” thing. The circus is outstanding, far better than the American one and on a par with the Chinese; the acrobats are incredible. I decided, it’s here until the Sunday and we’re back on Saturday, that I would treat the family and take them to the final performance. While I’m at work doing overtime to pay for this Deb’s spending the evening on line looking to see if we can book tickets more cheaply; otherwise the best seats will cost the four of us exactly £100 full price.
Everyone was home for 4:00 but not for long. Brandon came round for Nat, accompanied by Lucy who did an enormous incredibly stinky Poo in our garden, who then went back to his house with him. Hannah was soon playing with Shantelle, who came inside and I was getting ready for work. I cycled in and arrived at 17:45 only to discover that it was incredibly busy, I nearly went back home. I haven’t stopped until now, 20:37, when I finally started writing this! In twenty minutes the overnight team will be in and I look forward to being ignored for another three hours…such fun!
Nope, looks like they’re having the brief we had last week so I’m by myself, just gone out to smoking area for fresh air, can’t get out anywhere else and they’ve all been let out of meeting for a smoke break. Jesus, it seems everybody on the other team smokes. I GAVE UP AND CAME BACK INSIDE AS I COULDN’T STAND THE SMELL. That’s the last time I forget to take my break and go out late! It’s 22:15 now and I’ve an hour and forty five minutes left to go, then two hours tomorrow and Wednesday and Thursday and that’s my overtime stint done for now. The problem is, when you do O/T is that you start to get used to the extra cash and before you know it you’re always at work. Mind you, if I do it in the evening then at least I get the day to myself. Think I’ll post this now I can always update later if need be.

No comments: