Saturday 2 October 2010

Saturday - Allotment, Hannahs Fingers, Nat To Town, Brandon and Zak

Nat was still at Brandon’s house when we left to try and clear the allotment. So with Hannah in tow, along with her bike, Deb and I headed for Rosamund Ave site. We’ve not had a chance to go there for a number of weeks, commitments and weather, so we weren’t expecting to find anything edible there. Low and behold, (see photos) it was a jungle. If we were going to archive anything it was down to Deb and me because Hannah was as much use as a chocolate teapot. I don’t mean she was useless at helping no I mean she immediately got on her bike and buggered off to explore the site. Oh my poor bleeding (that’s not a metaphor) hands; Deb had gloves but not muggings and the only way to get a lot of the weeds up was to pull them out of the ground with your, in my case, bare hands. After three hours of doing this my fingers and forearms were on fire. As for my finger nails, three days later I was still trying to get them clean. Well we’d done what we could so it was time for home where we could sort out what, of what we’d picked, was possibly edible. Han turned up and as I was attaching her bike to the rack on the back of the car I heard a piecing scream. Hannah had, again, slammed the car door on her fingers. Unlike last time, when she broke her thumb, this time she managed to slam the door on to her four fingers. Jesus, she went hysterical; in order to calm her down I had to act really cold toward her and kept telling her to stop screaming. I felt terrible doing it but I know from past experience that if you cuddle her at times like this she just gets worse and ends up freaking herself out. Eventually she calmed down enough for us to drive home. Nat was back and preparing to head off into Town, with his mates, to play at the GamesWorkshop. Deb ran Hannah’s fingers under the tap while I got a bowl of cold water for her to put them in. Deb decide to play safe, as I said last time she broke her thumb, and take her to A&E to have her hand X-Rayed. There wasn’t any point in my going with them so they left, just after Nat was picked up by Zak’s Mum, and I was alone for a couple of hours. They came back a couple of hours later and it seemed that Han had got off lucky this time, nasty bruising but nothing broken. It means no boxing and no homework for the next week or so…she was well chuffed about the homework!


Nat got back home just after 6:00 with Brandon and Zak in tow and the three of them, accompanied, surprise surprise, by Hannah went up to his room to paint models and watch dubious DVD’s. Deb made them pizzas while she and I had the chilli, with fresh buttered bread, I’d cooked earlier.

Brandon and Zak stayed until 9:30 by which time it was peeing down and very dark; Brandon lives across the road under the subway so Hannah and I grabbed a large umbrella and walked him home. Zak who lives on our side, of the road, walked himself home. Shortly after everyone but me went to bed; I stayed down stairs to catch up on some recorded TV then (everyone after me) FELL ASLEEP ON THE SOFA!

No comments: