Tuesday 5 October 2010

Nat's Blog, Ballistic Helmet, Skiing Trip, Last Chance sallon, Gadget Show, Lego, Overtime Planning, Twitter

I was right, the Blog issue came to a head tonight; I’d been in bed all day and I’d gradually been getting more and more annoyed. Nat wants to go skiing and had promised to start writing his blog everyday (it’s only 50 f**king words for Gods sake now Deb’s in charge) but yet again it hadn’t been done. As far as I was concerned not only was he repeatedly breaking a promise but he was now taking the piss and treating us with utter contempt. He will never know how close he came to losing that trip as he did this evening. I’d had enough, he’s got f**king dyspraxia and if he doesn’t deal with it now it’ll screw his life over just as it did mine. I should have made my living out of writing but instead I was scared of it for forty years. So after a calm build up lasting a good thirty seconds I put on my “Going F**KING Ballistic Helmet” and gave him both barrels of shit full on in his face (God knows how many rules of grammar I’ve probably just broken in that previous sentence) in fact at one point I did decide that I’d had enough he’d crossed too many lines and skiing was history. The penny didn’t drop; it was only a few minutes later that he realised what I’d said and that he’d blown it. It was like being called into the office and being fired it the finality takes a few minutes to sink in. He ran for his bedroom and was in tears. I let him stew in his juices before I offered him his FINAL (hope UR reading this Nat) and I do mean Final chance. The next time he misses one he loses his skiing trip; then it’s a downhill slide from there, Scouts will be next, then Rugby, then Judo, the Boxing, the GamesWorkshop and finally his X-box and PC. I don’t want to do this but if I have to I will. His future is far more important than him not hating me. If that’s the price I’ve got to pay then so be it!!!


NAT UR DRINKING IN THE LAST CHANCE SALOON

Apparently Nat’s doing something to do with Lego and the USA but I was in no mood to be interested he’ll have to tell me tomorrow. I then watched the Gadget Show and had dinner before leaving for work. I decided that I would take advantage of the overtime on offer (at double bubble = £25 per hour) and put myself down to do

2 hours on Wednesday 18:55 – 20:55

2 hours on Thursday ditto

5 hours on Friday 19:00 – 00:00

6 hours on Saturday 18:00 – 00:00

6 hours on Sunday 18:00 – 00:00

I couldn’t decide whether to do Monday evening too as this would be my only night off before our shift started again on Tuesday. Mind you I’m only in for three days next week as we’re off to Cornwall on Saturday and Alf and Doreen are visiting on Friday to take Nat out for a birthday meal – he becomes a teenager the day before Thursday 14 October…WTF did the time go?

C is now sitting next to me where Ash used to sit and I spent some of the night explaining how Twitter worked to her. The rest of the time was spent writing the previous entries on this blog, Twittering and reading my Google feeds. Now I’ve only got to write an additional twenty words to have reached the magic six hundred. Four More To Go!

No comments: