Friday 1 October 2010

Friday 1 Oct 2010

A Pinch and a Punch, it's, the first of the month,  to you all!

Thursday turned to Friday; once again I’d zoned out downstairs, on the sofa, after everyone else had gone to bed. I woke around 03:00, tiptoed upstairs where I grabbed some pillows before retuning and crashing out on the sofa. I did this so as not to wake Deb; she’s not quite so considerate because her snoring could waken the dead and, most probably, does! As someone who has never snored I’m well aware that the recording the kids made, that they “claimed was of me snoring, is, in fact, nothing more than a recording of her played at a greatly reduced volume! In order to drown out the aforementioned cacophony I turned the TV on to BBC News 24 then laid my head down and tried to drift off. I woke when Deb and Nat came down in the morning but continued to appear asleep and in fact drifted in and out. You have to remember that I’d gotten out of bed 36 hours earlier and had really on napped since then so I genuinely was drifting in and out of consciousness; it’s very peculiar how this affects your sense of time and short term memory. Nat left, on his bike, for school and breakfast club at around 07:40 and then Deb began the task of raising The Hannah. This is like raising the dead, see above, but far more difficult! After much cajoling and the application of a blow torch to the soles of her feet she eventually got up and dressed and around about 08:30 both she and Deb left leaving me alone for the day…hooray!


This, of course, was when Friday turned into just another totally forgettable day; if I do ever win the lottery I swear I’m going to try and catch a train, to wherever, almost, if not, every day. These “catchings” will, I hope, make up, in part, for my child induced poverty, induced stationaryness of these past many years! If it doesn’t well at least I’ll be able to take credit for inventing the words “Catchings” and “Stationaryness” which will be nice.

With it being a Friday Nat was home from school earlier than usual; school finishes at 2:15 instead of 3:15 on a Friday. He was eager to see find out if Brandon could sleep over at our house that night. Not knowing if Deb had plans for the evening but knowing full well that if I did agree to this she absolutely positively certainly would have, I told him he’s have to clear it with her when she arrived home. It’s a good thing that I did because, for a number of reasons, it wasn’t feasible for him to stay with us so they arranged for nat to go stay with him. At about 6:00 Brandon, accompanied by Lucy his dog, called for him and we weren’t to see him again until lunch time the next day.

After he’d left I’m sure that Hannah and I argued about something because we seem to do so everyday; I later woke up on the sofa….you know what comes next!

No comments: