Thursday 30 September 2010

Last Morning, C Upset, Weeding no Wedding, Jermey Kyle, Alien Abduction, Anal Probe, Baby Jesus, a Muslim Christian like Obama

I can’t really remember much of what happened on Thursday; like most finishing mornings you try to stay up for the rest of the day in order to go to bed later at a more reasonable time; but to be honest, by doing this, you end up too tied to remember what you did when you were keeping yourself awake in the first place! More proof, if any were needed, of the absolute truth of the existence of Sod’s Law.


One thing I do recall now I think about it is, how upset C was when we finished work that morning. Because I had to don my fluorescent jacket and plug in my mobile and switch on a podcast etc I was amongst the last, of our team, to leave. In fact, by the time this was all done, only C and I remained. She was virtually in tears because the other women on the team, with the exception of JB, hadn’t asked her anything about how her Son’s weeding (woops; I know he’s half Afro-Caribbean but I did actually mean wedding) had gone. Given she’s spent the best part of the past year planning it she was very upset by their lack of interest, in fact she was virtually in tears. I made appropriate noises but to be honest she has brought much of this on herself by being so changeable with people and very underhand in her dealings with them. Whilst I don’t agree with much of the Bible the “as you Sow so shall ye Reap” bit seemed somewhat appropriate. But, all this said and done, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her.

Afterward I cycled Home toward and reached it at about 8:40, I turned on the PC, checked my email, for reasons unknown you can’t access Gmail at work, then read a few tweets before settling down to watch “The Circus of Chavs” that is The Jeremy Kyle Show. I know I bang on about this programme but it has to be seen to be believed. How he gets away with shouting at some of his guests is remarkable; IF HE DID IT TO THEM IN THE STREET HE’D MOST PROBABLY END UP BEING STABBED BY ONE OF THE LITTLE THUGS! Well none of them had “put something on the end of it” so it was the usual parade of teenage mothers and UNEMPLOYABLE, layabout, stay away, spliff smoking, “possible” fathers. Yes, even if there were three, or more, possible fathers, they each APPEARED to enjoy almost identical lifestyles.

After this it all becomes something of a blur and if I were of a more credulous frame of mind I’d be tempted to speculate that I might well have been abducted by Aliens, who had mysteriously induced this period of forgetfulness, in order for them to subject me to their strange bottom probing shenanigans. Of course, because I’m not his credulous I realised, immediately, that, in fact, I’d been in a transcendental state communing with The Baby Jesus…PRAISE BE HIS HOLY NAME! Whoops, that sounds a bit Muslim; better watch that because, gosh darn it; I don’t want to become one of them there Muslim Christians like what President Obama is! So close to five hundred words…Oh Yeah, with the edits I’ve just done it’s no longer the 500 barrier because we’ve just hit 560.

No comments: