Tuesday 14 September 2010

Halo Reach Arrives, Meet The MD, Julie B's Hubby Panics, Beer and Tweets

I returned home from work this morning knowing that I’d been given explicit instructions that I wasn’t to go to sleep until Nat’s Halo Reach game was delivered, it became available today and his was pre-ordered for delivery today. Hooray, I’m home and there’s this huge box on the dinning table containing said Halo Reach. Apparently it arrived shortly after he’d left for school. Why does a video game require a box this big and why did it cost £90 (£70 with Quidco cash back, clever Deb)!!! We’ve been “invited” to come into work tonight, we’re off for four days finished this AM, to meet with the new MD of the company. Hasmukh has twisted my arm and agreed that he’ll pick me up and drop me home; I’ve no desire to cycle in and then cycle home in pitch darkness. So no staying up for me today; I’ll be off to bed about midday for six hours kip.

Well bless my, nonexistent, soul I’m glad I made it in to this meet and greet; this chap certainly knows all the tricks of getting an audience on side. Your name, how long have you worked for (THE COMPANY) and tell as all one unusual fact about yourself. He quickly settled on Gail as his comic foil as she was sat next to him. Cynicism aside, it was very interesting and very nice of him to visit such a small group as ourselves and what he had to say certainly was interesting. We arrived at 8:00 the meeting got underway at 9:00 and lasted until just before 11:00. Julie B’s hubby got so concerned about her whereabouts (I’m off for a half hour dear be back soon) that he phoned her 10 times. Unfortunately her phone was turned off so eventually he roused their adult kids from their beds and sent them out hunting for their missing Mum. Now that’s a man after me late dad’s heart; he’d get paranoid if my Mum was half an hour late home, much to her annoyance!

Hasmukh dropped me home around 11:00 and I just had time to cycle to Asda to get some beer. I knew I was now going to be awake for the rest of the night and so libation was urgently needed!

I spent the remainder of the night on the PC twittering away to insomniacs and those inhabiting other time zones. I’m becoming addicted to this medium now that I’m actually interacting with other people!

No comments: