Friday 17 September 2010

Twitter, Pope Blames Hitler, Stalin and Mao on Atheists, Cartoon Rebuttal, Haircut, Bike Back, Splash Camp, Losing It With Hannah's Crying,

Another night passed in front of the PC twittering away about the Papal visit and the damned arrogance of that former Hitler Youth berating atheist for all the carnage of the last century. Not a bad strategy when most people think Hitler was an atheist along with Stalin and Mao. In fact he was a Catholic and in his speeches and writings makes numerous references to that effect. Whenever we atheists are blamed for the slaughter of the innocents I’m always reminded of this cartoon which seems apropos.



Don’t try blaming us matey, we don’t go round killing people in the name of an imaginary beardy friend who lives on a cloud. In fact, I’d suggest that we probably respect life far more that you and your death obsessed cult.
When Deb got home she took me to get my hair and beard cut (A Number Two - I’m a skinhead now) and then dropped me off to pick up my bike. Wow, what a difference, it was like riding a brand new bike...Oh TheJoy!

Nat was off to Splash camp this afternoon with his scout troop. It was being held at the canal basin in Leicester over the weekend and he was picked up and off shortly after 5:00 that afternoon. Darren was kind enough to take him so that was one less journey for us.

Before he left he and Hannah were once again bickering and somehow she hit him and appeared to have really hurt him. Instead of seeing if he was OK she started crying hysterically; I’m sorry to admit that at this point I lost it with her big time, I blame tiredness, and gave her a totally over the top telling off. Of course this only had the effect of making her worse, getting Deb mad at me and resulting in a strained atmosphere for the rest of the evening. I’ve got to work out a strategy that works with that child before she and I are completely alienated.

Eventually she and Deb went to bed and once again I spent the night downstairs on the PC fuming at Hannah.

No comments: