Tuesday 28 September 2010

Much Ado About Very Little

I knew that I lead a very boring life; it’s what happens when all your resources are so focused on your kids that you can’t even afford bus fare into town…poor me, but I can’t think of anything to write for the blog. Now this puts me in a difficult position because the deal is, if Nat writes then so must I! That’s OK with me; I’ve come to enjoy the actual act actually of actually writing in actual fact, but what if I’ve actually got nothing to say actually? Well that’s the position I find myself in at the moment. Apart from suffering a head cold, nothing has happened in the last twenty four hours, not a thing, nothing zilch! I came home this morning, mooched about a bit on the PC, watched the inimitable Jeremy Kyle Show and then went to bed. There I played podcasts whiles cuddling a hot water bottle and, invariably, fell asleep at some point during each of them and so heard none in their entirety.
I suppose I could discuss something other than me; Nat went to the NEC yesterday to attend the Warhammer Convention (?) and said it was ace…yes that’s it; it was ace! On a separate note he bought the latest Artemis Fowl book on Saturday and has nearly finished reading it. Hannah and he went boxing this PM but I’ve not heard how that went as Hannah disappeared to Cubs shortly after I woke and came downstairs. I had beans and two baked potatoes for dinner and was unable to eat the second potato. Whenever I’m poorly I immediately lose my appetite and constantly feel as if I’m about to throw up.
I made it to work and immediately wished that I hadn’t, mayhem, Christ the moment it gets a little colder or wetter we are inundated with calls. Its 01:12 now and they are still calling in. Go to bed for God’s sake. Somehow, it seems that I’ve crossed the magic three hundred words barrier and managed it without saying a thing. This now becomes a challenge to prevaricate endlessly.
I nearly FORGOT, Ed Milliband narrowly beat his brother David to become the new leader of the Labour Party ob Saturday last. His photo on the BBC website isn’t the most complementary; in fact it screams weird sociopath but that just might be me. No more “New Labour” and a disavowal of legacy of both Blair and Brown, loyalty it’s a wonderful thing. How quickly these people forget, weren’t all the candidates (with the exception of Diana Abbott) closely associated with both administrations? It would have been interesting if Diana Abbott had won but now it appears just to be same old same old!

No comments: