Saturday 18 September 2010

Pope, Westminster Cathedral, Will This Ever End, BBC Brown Nosing, Back To Work, Busy on EA Tonight

Today the his Holymess was doing a show at Westminster Cathedral so I stayed up to watch it on BBC 24 while swopping tweets with others doing the same. I’d got work in the evening so couldn’t stay up all day but I managed to make it to midday before going upstairs to Bedfordshire. I attended a Catholic wedding once and that seemed as if it would never end but compared to this long drawn out farce it was but the briefest moment.

Jesus, if you’ll pardon the reference, the right-wing press have been berating the BBC for being anti-papist but their coverage could not have been more sycophantic. It seemed as if most of the commentators were paid up Bells and Smells left footers. The BBC must have had to spend a fortune getting their brown noses clean after this display of reverence. I don’t know how much time was paid to the anti-pope rally being held, in London, that afternoon, as I was, by then, in my bed but what I saw was the BBC shoving it’s collective nose as far up the papal fundement as it was possible for said proboscis to reach. Shame on you Auntie Beeb!
Well it’s the start of another busy our nights as we start the journey into Winter. Tonight , after a dream ride in on my newly repaired bicycle, was probably the busiest it’s been for months and of course tonight was the night I drew the EA short straw. I can off normal duties at 22:00 and joined Jeff on EA; apparently we issued over a one hundred by then! Eventually, after a few strained hours we broke the back of it and the rest of the night passed routinely enough. When things had quietened down I started catching up on these outstanding blog posts. Left on time home by 8:30

No comments: