Saturday 4 September 2010

Sunday to Saturday

Nat was rude on Sunday morning, I can’t recall what he said but as I was extremely tired things escalated out of control and before you know it there we were face2face daggers drawn. I was extremely tired and (subsequently) rather drunk so I just couldn’t let it lie. The upshot was, of course, that then Deb and I then fell out over my fall out with Nat; in point of fact, with everyone falling out there was so much fall out (falling out, all about) that the house might well have been at ground zero of an atomic detonation. Anyway, the result of all this falling out was that Nat, Deb and I hardly spoke to one and other until Thursday so, all told, it was a wonderful week and perhaps it is better if we draw a curtain over these events…now! Thursday, the kids returned to school, I don’t recall being made AWARE OF THIS FACT and so this lead to much confusion, on my part, when I couldn’t find them when I woke up. In the end I had to phone Deb, at work, to ask her where they were. Thursday, supposed to be my first night back at work, just got better and better after a nasty cramp and a dash for the loo meant that I discovered that, for the second time in a month, I had a thoroughly unpleasant case of the squits. Thin, runny and a very pleasing (not) fluorescent yellow…such a delight, truly did my cup, and arse, runneth over! Eventually I had to bite the bullet, call the sickness reporting telephone line and describe, in graphic detail, why I wasn’t going into work that evening. I’ve decided to go dry for awhile and give the old “Clumsy Drug” a well deserved rest; I suspect that my increasing consumption, when I was stuck at home convalescing, is probably to blame for these tummy upsets. Bugs and such that I’d normally not even notice are taking advantage of my, no doubt, heightened tummy sensitivity. In addition to the health benefits I might rediscover my patience and easygoing ways (Fat Chance…Bat and Spanner).
I decided that I would be able to make it to work on Friday night. I’d managed to stay in bed, for most of the day, without the squits and, in addition, I’d made good in roads into the backlog of podcasts currently stored on my phone. If I can stay awake for part of the day and keep cycling to work then eventually, hopefully, I’ll be up to date and won’t have 300+ podcasts stored and not yet listened to on my sdhd card.
Talking of podcasts, Hannah would very much like a new iPod for Christmas, a new iPod Touch to be precise and I’d been thinking that as expensive as that would be at least it would free up her Pink iPod Nano for me; yes I am sufficiently secure in my sexuality to be comfortable being seen with a pink pod. After all, I thought, Nat’s now got my old N95 and never even uses his own (Sansa Sandisk) mp3 player anymore so he’ll not want it, while Deb has never ever expressed any interest in owning or even using an mp3 player which leaves, (game, set and match)…Only Me, as Harry Enfield use to say. Oh no, no, no, it would appear that Deb has her greedy little eye on Han’s dinky Nano, which she, this is another first for Deb and technology, describes as rather beautiful. Yes Deborah it is rather beautiful, not at all like the abortion released earlier this week that is the new Nano, but will you actually use it? I know I would, I’d even work out how to reinstall Bonjour on the PC so that I could use iTunes and simplify downloading and storing podcasts and lectures. It would be my very own two box solution, my N82 for everything but audio and the Nano just for that, I’d never need worry about battery usage again! So now the fight is own but how to win it? I know people get very “fanboi” about all things Apple but I imagine that’s still, as yet anyway, not a very successful defence to the charge of murder! I’ll have to come up with an alternative strategy; make it look like an accident perhaps?

No comments: