Friday 10 September 2010

Back to Work, Hannah Singing, Sweaty Again, Podcasts, Lidia’s Wedding Reception, Autumn’s Here

Today is a back to work day so I’ll need to sleep in the day time ready for the long night’s stint. Having stayed up all night again by the time Deb came downstairs I was falling asleep on the sofa, having finally abandoned the net a little while earlier. While she and the kids got ready for the day I drifted in and out of consciousness. I was half asleep when they left and semi awoke to the music of the Jeremy Kyle show. I half watched another bunch of semi literate family members threatening each other with violence but didn’t really get the gist of it; probably that was the gist of it anyway with many of these families violence seems to be their alpha and omega. So, to bed I told myself only to discover that I was once more fully awake. I returned to the PC for an hour or so until I tired sufficiently to make the trip up the stairs to Bedfordshire. I did have an amusing exchange on twitter with

Slept most of the day drifting in and out of various podcasts until I was woken by Hannah returning home, with Deb, singing loudly. Nat had come home an hour earlier but I hadn’t heard him. I drifted off again, eventually, until Deb came and got me out of bed at 6:00 PM. Downstairs Hannah was besides herself with excitement about going to a wedding, well the reception, and kept urging Deb and Nat to go even though it wasn’t due to start until 7:30. They did leave at 7:30 leaving me to finish getting ready for work. Left Home just before 8:00 and arrived at work 30 minutes later once more bathed in sweat. You just can’t win, if it’s warm you sweat anyway and if its cold you sweat under your coat. Either way arrived and upon entering the building was immediately drenched in perspiration. It’s not been busy tonight, surprisingly given how cold the weather’s turned but I’m trying to get into my winter mindset as looks like autumn has arrived early.

No comments: