Friday 4 June 2010

Friday 4 June - Leicester City Centre, ASK Restaurant, Warhammer Tickets, iPad, Money Spiders

We went into Leicester City today in order to have lunch at ASK restaurant to celebrate, somewhat late, Deb's birthday; Deb had two for the price of one tickets but, unfortunately, she had neglected to read the small print. These were not valid on a Friday or Saturday. despite all this we decided to dine anyway. The food was excellent, Han had a child's meal and the rest of us had various pasta dishes. We ate outside in the court yard in the shade of a palm...very civilized, if only I could get the kids to stop throwing food our family might almost pass for human. As is my wont I took a number of unnecessary photos ALL OF WHICH can be seen below. I would have photographed the urinals but with my tinkle in one hand and my crutch in the other I found myself somewhat of a disadvantage photographically.
Before we ate we had a quick trip about, we had parked in the Highcross Centre so the first port of call was the Apple Store to play with an iPad. Unfortunately The Arch Technophobe Deborah would not let me stay long enough to explore all of it's options, a mere three to four hours I would guess, so alas, much as I would wish otherwise, I have no choice but to return another day...shame!
From the Apple Store we made our way to Silver Street where both ASK and the Warhammer store are located. While Deb, Nat and Han went to Warhammer I called into Forbidden Planet, the games/comic shop that I used, pre-children, to regularly frequent. They've had a revamp and once again the second floor is given over too comics. It used to be all comics, then it was all games with the comics, much reduced, downstairs now the games seem to be taking a back-seat. I wish, now, that I hadn't gone in; it's obvious that Marvel have gone all arty and their comics, particularly the X-Men and related mutant titles, appear, to my eye at least, to be virtually unreadable. Oh well, I suppose then that it's a good thing that I can't afford to start buying them again anyway.
Anyway, returning to the Munchies, the food was rather good and we resolved to return but only between Sunday and Thursday. The total bill was £38.10 which, the day before, would have come to just over £20 (because only the main courses are 2-4-1). Even if we had called in the week I still wouldn't have paid £5.75 for a 660ml bottle of beer however good it was supposed to be.
Later, at home, we were clearing away some bushes that Deb had pruned and stuffing them into the car boot for a one way trip to the tip when, clumsy cow, Deb disturbed a web full of baby money spiders. The photos are a bit blurred but as you may be able discern they became very agitated; I don't think they'll be bring her money luck any time soon!

Is there nothing I won't film...badly?

No comments: