Saturday 5 June 2010

Saturday 5 June - The Riverside Festival

Slept late today; I didn't get up until after midday having not gone to bed until after 5 AM. Quick bite and we were off to the Thirteenth Annual Riverside Festival adjoining Bede park in Leicester. last time I went to this was two years ago when nat and I happened to be cycling down the canal and literally cycled into it. It seems as if the event is getting bigger every year. Bede park itself was full of tents and stalls. There were music events and a large beer tent... Hooray...but I had no money on me...Boo Hoo! It was very hot and we didn't stay long as we were literally penniless. Nat and I wandered the canal while Deb and Han took part in various craft activities; Han made a fan. We did, at one point, plonk ourselves down and take part in a pub quiz; we were absolutely and utterly humiliated scoring a disdainfully dreadful 6 out of 12. It would have been nicer if we'd had the cash to enable us to pop into somewhere and cool down. as it was we stayed only two hours before returning home to what turned out to be an uneventful remainder of the day. next year I might go later in the day and attended the evening events because this years program this looks pretty good. I'll probably go alone because Deb certainly wont be interested and I very much doubt that the kids will either. Below are a few photos I took whilst there:


No comments: