Thursday 3 June 2010

Thursday 3 June - Bosworth Battlefield, Farm-Shop and Garden Centre, Weight Watchers

Today we travelled to Bosworth to see the battlefield museum. This was where Richard the Third was defeated by henry Tudor finally bring the long running war of the Roses to a conclusion. Nat (?)  and Han have both been here before but this was the first time that either Deb or I had visited. If I'm honest, there wasn't a great deal there just the centre. The actual battlefield, it has recently been ascertained is actually about a mile from where it was thought to be. The Centre was quite small but fairly comprehensive and was filled with relics from the period. It was a very enjoyable way to pass a few hours and, given how wonderful the weather was, we thoroughly enjoyed picnicking in the grounds. We stayed for about three hours and the photos of our day can be seen below. On our way back we stopped at a local farm shop, but bought nothing, and a little later at an enormous garden centre where we spent quite a lot of dosh.


Didn't do much after we got home apart from Deb and I going to the allotment at around 7:00 to water what few plants we have this year. I've not been ther since the day before my operation (4 weeks ago) and I was gob-smacked when I saw how overgrown it had become. I think we are agreed that this year we'll do what we can and in the summer, once I'm fully mobile, we'll clear the rest and cover it over for winter. Next year we can make a proper start.

From Drop Box


From Drop Box



From Drop Box

Weight Watchers - Lost 3 lbs

No comments: