Tuesday 22 June 2010

Monday and Tuesday: Sports Day, Han Upset, To Scouts, Allotment, Nose Bleed, BB-11, Han's Summer Uniform, Donna Lift, Hospital, Consultant, JDM, Loads'a Fruit, BB11

Slept late, again, and woke at midday. Spent afternoon reading (Adventures of the High Teas) and waited for kids to get home. Nat was home at 3:30 but at 3:40 still no sign of Han. She is usually home roughly the same time as Nat. So Nat and I decided to walk toward school and look for her. As we were leaving Deb pulled up, in the car, and I explained my concerns; she, as usual, poo-pooed them. I insisted she drive to school while Nat and I walked to see if we could find Han. Ten minutes later Deb returned with a very tearful Han besides her. Han was so tired and run down, we both seem to have contracted some bug that causes coughing fits that leave you feeling completely wrung out. When school ended and she left class she sat down next to a tree and just drifted off. So I was right to be worried! Han then informed us that Today they had been told that Tomorrow was to be sports day. I'll have to have words at school because this is ridiculously short notice to any parents who want to attend. I've got an appointment at the hospital tomorrow afternoon to see my surgeon. It's a little late to rearrange that so, for the first time, I'll miss Sports Day. Deb took Han to the surgery to have a check up because she has been poorly, off and on, for awhile now. While they were gone I was visited by a kitten which i managed to get to remain until Han got back. It couldn't last, as soon as Monty discovered it's existence that was that. 

Nat had his Queens Scout Award monthly meeting tonight and Han should have had Cubs. We called Akela and told her Han was poorly and wouldn't be there. We drove Nat to scouts, then, on the way back, we called into ASDA to fill Han's prescription get some beers and a few other things. Then we drove to the allotment to water the few things we've been able to plant this year. Han and I managed to walk on the ones that Deb didn't point out to us. The plants were watered we left and Deb dropped us at home before going to pick Nat up(Q.S. is only 7:30 - 9:00). Poor old Han was still very tearful and got into her pyjamas and curled up on the sofa. Then she had a nose bleed that just wouldn't stop, what a day poor thing, and went through, what seemed like, miles of tissue paper trying to stem the flow. Eventually it stopped just as Deb and Nat got home. With that she went to bed. Deb, Nat and I stayed down to watch BB11, Christ, that Shabby women is an absolute monster and poor old Ben can't keep apologising every time she has a go at him; conciliation to her is like a red rag to a bull. Get in her face and give it back, she didn't push it with the Aussie because she knew he'd give it back with "Nobs" on. I stayed up and started watching the Dispatches Special - How to Save £100 Billion. Unfortunately, I kept falling asleep. Went to bed, settee, at 2:00 in order to be able to get up in time to see surgeon in the morning.

Up early to make sure I didn't miss the surgeon. Nat had gone to school before I was awake but Han was still home looking stunning in her Summer Uniform (that child is a clothes horse) 
 and looking forward Sports Day. Yes, it's Sports Day but because we weren't told until last night there's no way to go! Yes I know I've already bitched about it...I just want to again!!!!!
Pottered about, washed hair, dressed in clean sweat free clothes, yes still getting sweating episodes - bed clothes are soaked every morning - and did sundry bits and bobs until Donna picked me up at 12:20 and drove me to the Royal Infirmary in order to catch the 2 Hospital Hopper" to the general to see my surgeon Mr Davidson. Starting reading Nemo (Kevin J Anderson's fictional biography of Jules Verne's greatest character) at the bus stop and the first 30 odd pages are good. I like Anderson's writing style and find him easy to read; hence why I've read quite a few of his solo and collaboration novels. Eventually got the HH and off we went; enjoyed the ride as I took me passed places I haven't seen for awhile. Arrived at the general at 1:00 and hour early but better than late. Found Out Patients Four reported in and watched the emergency budget on the waiting room TV. It wasn't as bad as i was expecting it to be but time will tell...The Key Points Are Here.
I got to see Mr D almost on time; as per usual there were medical students in attendance. They know I'm fine with having students present, they have to learn somehow, so now they are always there. Actually I'm not complaining at all, it makes it more interesting for me and creates a much more laid back atmosphere. The upshot; healing OK, surprised about two of my toes being numb, advised take at least another four to six weeks to recover before returning to work. Hobbled back to the bus stop and caught the HH back to town. Disembarked at the railway Station and walked to Deb's work. Picked han up at Donna's and discovered that, poorly or not, she came second in The Sack Race and............. TO FILL IN........
JDM was to call this evening with his mysterious gift; at 8:00 his car pulled up, I was expecting him to be on his bike, and from the boot he took out a huge box of fruit.
Bananas, Strawberries, Apples, Oranges, Nectarines, Grapes (dark & light) and Pears...Yum Yum Yum!!!! This was a get well gift from the team...thanks everyone!

Han had another humongous nose bleed again tonight (same last night) and after we got her to bed and the bleed stopped shortly afterwards she was back with a new flow. We all watch Inside Natures Giants (Lions and Tigers) but every time a Lion or Tiger killed something Han would be in tears; as per usual it was absolutely fascinating. Afterwards we watched BB11, what a bunch of Barstools the production team are becoming,  where the mad lesbian (Shabby) was forced to be nice to,  make up with and complement, twenty times, the posh bloke (Ben) who she utterly despises in return she would win a dinner date with the straight girl (weird Irish name) she fancies. What a sneaky ploy and it backfired brilliantly; she had to be nice to Ben and if it comes out she was acting then no one will ever trust her again, during and after the dinner she and the Irish girl ended up extremely ill at ease with each other so much so that in the end Shabby told her about the challenge! Tomorrow the excrement should really hit the rotary motion, pushing the air around the room,  device.

No comments: