Friday 1 May 2009

Friday 01 May - Awards Night at The Vipers

Up, Coffee, Toast, J.K. - laugh at the chavs, yes I too have a Darkseid (if you've alread read Saturdays blog that spelling will make sense, if you haven't how the hell did you get to here?). I think I watched some of the TV programmes I'd recorded, I know I've now final seen the last part of the History of Maths and I've deleted a ton of other stuff that I must also have watched but which haven't lodged in my memory... so they must have been good, I look forward to the repeats.

Eventually took Monty for a long walk, we're out tonight so lets try and leave him knacker and asleep.

15.38. Just got back we went all the way around the big field, which is quite a way, finally a chance to catch up with some of my huge backlog of podcasts. I trying to remember which ones I listened to, From Our Own Correspondent if I recall correctly. I need to make a habit of walking Monty as regularly as possible in order to get my right leg back to par before they slice and dice my left one and to try and clear the backlog of podcasts. The problem is that I play them when I go to bed and keep falling asleep part way through. As a result I keep playing PC's that I think I may have already listened to but which aren't familiar enough for me to be certain that I have, if that makes sense?

The kids were home just after me, we're going to the Rugby Awards tonight so I needed to get the fed and watered before deb came home from the hairdressers because we'd be leaving shortly afterward. So, soup and sandwiches it was.

6.15 we left for the Vipers, stopping at Sainsburys on the way to purchase a Euro Lotto Ticket, bollocks to the odds, if there's a chance of winning £89 Million I'm wasting £1.50. Surprisingly we were in it but we didn't win it. next week perhaps.

Got to the Vipers around 6:45 and it was already heaving. We managed to get some seats at a table with Jacobs Mum and Dad, Chris and Bruce, who are very nice people. After a little while the kids tired of staying on the balcony and went downstairs and out onto the pitch for an impromptu game of Rugby/Murder Ball. I watched from the balcony, whilst keeping an eye on Han, and was gob-smacked. Nat, the sloth, was shooting round the field, taking down anyone who that came near him and making good ground when he got the ball. Apparently, he told us later, it was because he was wearing trainers rather than boots.

The awards started and eventually it was the turn of the under 11's to receive theirs as can be seen below.

Downstairs for photos then home. Kids to bed, it was about 10:30 when we got back, a few beers and lets fall asleep on the sofa again. 5:40 to bed.

No comments: