Tuesday 26 May 2009

Tuesday 26 May - Snibston and Nokia N82

Last Summer Deb managed to get hold of a number of free entry passes to a number of local venues and had planned to make use of them during this half-term break, it's why we took leave. Today we're off to Snibston Discovery Park Snibston, Ashby Road, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 3LN to discover all about the history of coal mining in the Midlands and to see the technology museum that's been built on the site of the old mine. It's a fascinating place and the tour was superb. We were taken around the site by a former miner who had worked there for over 25 yrs, man and boy; during this time he had done almost every job there was that was down a mine. In addition to this he was a natural story teller, a joy to listen too and a mine (sorry) of grisly information, the kids loved it.

The technology museum itself is an eclectic mix of industrial history and science and difficult to pin down. As can be seen below, we took lots of photo's and as a picture speaks a 1,00 words I'll end there.

Let joy be unconfined, I have finally got my hands on my own N82 Camera Phone. Before we left that morning I decided to bid on an N82 on eBay. Because we might still have been out when the auction ended I put in a realistic maximum bid based on the final prices I had seen them going for in the last couple of weeks. These varied between a low of £85.00 and a high of £130. I decided I'd be willing to go as high as £110 so bid that and a few pence. I'd forgotten all about it when we got home and it wasn't until later that Deb asked me why we owed £103 on eBay that I remembered what I'd done. Why am I so cuffed, check out the following links
The N82 Blog
Nokia N82 Details
Nokia N82 - part 1 - The Physical, the Camera
Nokia N82 - part 2 - GPS, Applications and Performance
The Nokia N82 on a Belated Pedestal: Out in the Real World again





This is the N95 with the camera it should have had. It's the last phone designed by Nokia's dedicated camera team before they split and has never been bettered by a later Nokia model. it's considered by many to be the best N series phone there's been. I've got hooked on photography since I got a decent camera phone and this phone is the one I've always wanted.

I can't wait for it to arrive, but as I lack a time machine I'll have too!

No comments: