Tuesday 5 May 2009

Tuesday 5 May - Spagg Bol, Percy Gee and the Secret World of the Ladies Loo

Nat cooked dinner last night, Spagg Bol - a traditional family dish, and it was really nice. I'm sure it was in no way connected to my two desperate visits to the toilet when I arrived at work. Mind you, the second one had a very familiar odour. No Nat, it's OK it wasn't you, I'd woken up with a slightly gipppy tum. It was the evening of May Day Bank holiday when I started work and despite the time of year we were rushed off out feet because the rest of the business shut up shop at 9:00 PM leaving the 12 of us to cover the entire country. There were 35 calls in Que at one point and people were getting shirty about taking so long to get through. Through a process to involved to go in to, I some how ended up on The University of Leicester Homecoming 2009 web page. Shock Horror, their renovating the Percy Gee student union building this year and 27 June 2009 will be the last chance to see the old building and drink a pint in the Redfearn Bar. I must go, I spend many a happy hour (sorry) in the building and particularly in the bar it would be a shame not to drink there one last time. From spring 2009, an 18-month major refurbishment and extension project will transform the Percy Gee Building into a Students’ Union fit for the 21st Century, so says the Percy Gee Building appeal site, I've just taken a look at the modernisation plans and they do appear to be pretty spectacular.

It's an amazing building, as mentioned, on the wed page linked above, there are 35 separate levels most of which have never been seen by most students. I'm not most students, at one time I took a full tour of the building and I've seen all the unknown places. It's like some Medieval Castle full of secret passages and potential priest holes. During the tour I actually went inside a ladies public toilet, for the first and so far only time, and was amazed to find that the graffiti in there was more extensive and ruder than that found in the gents. Ladies why do you not share these skills with us mere males, I, for one, found you words moist (yes I do mean moist) enlightening and very very funny.

No comments: