Sunday 31 May 2009

Sunday 31May - Strimming the Allotment and Stuff

As planned we went to the allotment and hired the society's strimmer. I kicked arse and managed to clear almost all of the tall grass and bushes at the top end of the plot. I went through 2 and a half tanks of petrol and finally stopped when there was no cable left on the strimmer, I wasn't going to try and put the new one on, that's a job for someone with the time and experience. I'd extended the cable 4 times during the morning, and enough was enough. Whilst I was doing g this, Nat tried his hand at documentary film making, with my N82 and Han followed this up with a videoed interview with Mummy's boobs. Their efforts are shown below.

Nat: Documentary Film Maker



Hannah: Video Reporter



4 hours had passed by now and we decided to call it quits for the day, Deb, as Han's report reveals, had been busy weeding and sundry whilst I was strimming and we were all feeling the need for a rest and a feed.

So we headed Home for dinner, traditional Sunday roast with pork and all the trimmings....yum yum!

After lunch I called Bharat to see how he was getting along and to find out what had happened to him. It seems he had a blackout and fell down stairs. Luckily he was not seriously hurt bad he had sustained quite a lot of internal bruising and was in a deal of pain. We spoke for about 8 minutes, which, for me, constitutes a marathon phone call... I hope he appreciated it! After this I dosed for awhile and let my arches develop to their full magnitude.

About 7pm we popped back to the plot to do some watering and to put the chest from home into the shed. While Deb and Han watered Nat and I did this and then filled it and rearranged the tools in the shed.

When we were leaving we stopped for a chat with Daniel's (class mate of nat's)mum and dad. We chatted about what it was like having an allotment and our experiences with Karen while Daniel's Dad kept on grafting.

Back home all knackered, not quite sure about why re: the kids and aching. Watched the google box until bedtime.I fell asleep on the sofa...again!

No comments: