Saturday 30 May 2009

Friday 29 May - Batteries Fry Feet Reggie!

The 3 high capacity batteries I ordered for the N82 arrived this am; I installed one and ran it to exhaustion with very heavy usage and then recharged (fully charged within 2 hours) seems fine lets hope the other 2 are also.

Installed more apps on N82 and twiddled: getting there.

I sat in the Sun for awhile, Han stuck my feet in a bowl of ice cold water to stop the smell. I began reading Stephen Fry's America (spin-off from TV series), he writes beautifully; it's as if he were next to you speaking, the words flow superbly. Public school ah - wish I'd gone!

Deb and I popped to the allotment and dug another trench, for cabbages - see photos; we left Nat & Han at home. Dug what was needed, met Sally, who as plot further along, and chatted for 20 Min's. It truly is a lovely place to spend your time, everybody is very friendly and always willing to offer advice to novices like ourselves.

Home, BBQ cheating, I cooked burgers and sausages etc, but did them under the grill, we couldn't be arsed to wait for the BBQ to be ready.

Read a little and watched some Telly, I particularly enjoyed Have I Got News For You (is David Mitchell becoming an anorexic? Every time I see him on TV these days, which seems to be everyday at the moment, he looks thinner.).

The new take on Reginald Perrine, with Martin Clunes, is also excellent. I missed the original series (though remember a friend coming to school after every episode quoting Reggie's boss CJ(?) "I didn't get where I am today.....) with Leonard Rossiter which was, I remember, highly acclaimed; this version seems to be holding it's own, so far. I don't know why but I really like Martin Clunes his Doc Martin is superb, despite the disconnect between the original specials and the ongoing series.

Can't recall anything else worth of mention....to bed.

No comments: