Monday 4 May 2009

Horray, Horray It's Star Wars Day : May The 4th Be With You

I've been waiting, it seems an age, for today so that I could use this blog title. It's a little misleading really because I'm not exactly a huge fan of the series. I enjoyed the original film and the 2 sequels were OK, though I don't remember them that well. Re: the new films, I've seen No.1 and like most people I think that
Jar Jar Binks ruined it, mind you I'll tell you who really got on my tits in the first series:
I hated C3PO and still do, even now I pray for a new directors cut where the annoying little twat gets destroyed by the Sand People shortly after the start of the film. As for films 2 & 3 of the second series which was in fact the start of the saga - I've seen the first half of 2 and the second half of 3. I'm in no hurry to see the parts I've missed. To be honest, the most enjoyable things to come out of the whole SW franchise have been the Weird Al Yankovic spoof songs e.g.

The Saga Begins

Star Wars Cantina

Yoda lyrics

No comments: