Monday 25 May 2009

Monday 25 May - Curry, Holidays, BBQ, Tent, Film

I'd forgotten to mention that we had a curry night at work last Thursday. John bought and brought a selection of Morrison's best, I brought some beers, 4 Cobra non-alcoholic and 4 weekly alcoholic 91 Pence specials, and the others bought sundry comestibles; it was an enjoyable night and made a change.

7.30 I'm on Holiday for 12 days - Hurray. Home too bed, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No ideas what I did on Friday so it can't have been very exciting, I must get a life, no woner time flys, everyday blends seamlessly into another - tempus fugit

Saturday - I refer the honorable reader to my previous paragraph.

Slept late on Sunday and missed the allotment, I've got into the habit of staying up until the early hours even when I'm not working and not going to bed until 4 or 5 am.
Deb came back and had a moan, what's new - she enjoys it and I hate to disappoint her and deprive her of her little pleasures (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

we all mooched about the house and garden until it was time for MAN'S Work. We were having a BBQ. Whilst I prepared the flames to receive their meaty delights the kids exercised themselves battering each other with the fighting sticks Deb had bought at ASDA. You know the type, 2 foam rubber "Q" tips as made famous, I think, by the TV show Gladiators.

Soon the food was ready and we all tucked in, taking bets, as we ate, as to who would be the first to succumb to food poisoning! It was a dead heat.

After the ambulance had left and we were all feeling a little better, the kids asked if they could sleep in their tent in the garden that night. In view of the continued projectile vomiting we considered this to be a great idea and consented immediately.

Packed the kids off to go to sleep about 11 Pm and I settled down to watch the Wild Bunch - God I love that film, but, how is it that by the end you like these guys.

Off to bed around 4 am, another early night!

No comments: