Sunday 17 May 2009

Sat 18 May - Slept Late (bloodloss?), Eurovision, Babylon 5 … The Curve

As mentioned previously, Nat and I stayed up late watching TV. After he’d given up the ghost and gone to bed I spent some time on the PC. I’ve reinstalled Ubuntu again, this time I’ve completely done away with XP. I spent some time checking everything was working and installing a few applications to allow us to access existing files. Before I knew it was 4:00 in the morning and I needed some sleep. Perhaps because of this and loss of blood, I had spent the best part of the day spitting it out, I slept late and didn’t wake until mid afternoon.

We decided we would watch the Eurovision Song Contest that evening (1) to see if the UK got “nul points” again this year and (2) to see if Graham Norton was going to be funny. The answer, to both, it seems was no - we got points and he was occasionally bitchy but rarely funny.

In fact, I hate to say this, we quite enjoyed the whole thing, the songs have improved, the dancing, in some cases, was brilliant and the voting system seems to have been rescued from the extreme ethnic partiality exhibited last year. At first I didn’t understand the enthusiasm for the Norwegian entry but after listening to it again at the end I agree it is good. So good in fact that I’ve embedded it below; it’s OK theres not need to thank me!

Afterward, Deb and Han went to bed; Nat and I settled in for a Babylon 5 fest. We stayed up until the end of series 3, we were going to watch the 1st episode of series 4 but we couldn’t find the boxed set in Nat’s bedroom. I told him itb nwas messy, so that’s penciled in for next Saturday night.


I’d forgotten, after being unable to get them the previous day, we were finally able to get tickets for Jason and the Argonauts at the Curve on 26 June. Why would we want them? Nat’s in it and at the moment he’s in with a reasonable chance of being cast as Jason.

No comments: