Sunday 17 May 2009

Friday 15 May - Dentist 2, End of SATs, Druckers, Bleeding Gums, Borders, Missed Meal

Went back late this morning and got a good gouging, perhaps my punishment for being away for so long. Whatever the reason I think I should have mentioned that I was supposed to be going out this evening, for a meal with the team, and that it would have been nice to sit at a table WITHOUT SPITTING UP BLOOD EVERY FEW MINUTES..

Deb and the Kids arrived home about 3:30, today was the last day of Nat's SATs so to celebrate Deb said we could all go to, either, Duckers’ or Border’s Starbucks to celebrate. It’s a good thing we grabbed a corner table at Duckers’ because otherwise I might have put a few people off their extortionately expensive cakes and coffee’s. Every time I sipped my coffee the heat caused my gums to bleed profusely and I had to spit it all out into a tissue.
I was supposed to be going out around 6:00 but it was beginning to look doubtful that I’d be able to make it. Hung on but eventually sent a text, to everyone whose number I had, explaining the situation and letting them know I wouldn’t be coming. Got a hilarious response back from Ash.

Now the decision had been taken we went from Duckers’ to WH Smiths and from there to Borders to have a look at the books and magazines. I purchased the second Pax Britannia Novel Nat got White Dwarf (which is the Warhammer magazine – it’s a game) and a Warhammer 40,000 Omnibus Novel whilst Han picked up a couple of 2 for 1 books from the kids section. Whilst we were there Deb went to Sainsbury’s. Re: The meal - I found out later that only 5 people had managed to make it to the meal and felt pretty bad that I’d had to let them down too.

Got home about 7:30 no one felt like a meal after the cakes we’d had so I made everyone sandwiches and we read our books. Finally put the box on about 9:00 and watched a bit of TV. Nat stayed down late, as we had promised he could, now that his SATs were over. Down recall what we watched so it must have been good!

No comments: