Tuesday 19 May 2009

Monday 18 May - Slept Late Again (despite or because of next door's window replacement operatives?) First Time Kickboxing and Work

Got to bed in the early hours (05:30am) again, having once more stayed up watching recorded TV programs, messing about on the PC and trying to do some reading, I’ve been reading the same book for the last 2 weeks and it’s only 300 pages! I’ve lost the habit of sitting and reading, in part because of the distraction of the PC/TV and also because I’m trying to find time to listen to the backlog of podcasts I’ve accumulated.

Because I was due to start work again tonight I wasn’t concerned because it meant that I could sleep until the afternoon and be wide awake for work. What I didn’t know however, was that our neighbors were getting their front windows replaced today. So, I slept the sleep of the disturbed and by the end of it I very nearly was. No worry, I thought, they’ll be finished soon, no doubt, and I needn’t be up until around sixish. I’d forgotten that Nat was going to try a sampler at the new kickboxing club that been set up in the Church that’s on the junction of Upperton and Narborough roads tonight and that because Deb would have to take Han to cubs whilst he was there that I was going to go with him. We needed to be there for 6:15 (1 hour session) and that meant that there wouldn’t be time to eat when we came home so I have to be up so we could eat before. Got up when they got home and made the kids and myself bacon and egg sandwiches after which Deb made herself a chicken salad.

The kickboxing club was “well” impressive, it uses the hall behind the church and it was packed. There were at least 3 instructors at all times and they seemed on the ball. Everyone got individual attention and they managed to do a lot in an hour. Nat was soaked in sweat by the end and decided it was something he wanted to do. Han, who was there at the start, was desperate to join in to but, as I explained, if she did join now she would have to give up Cubs and I thought it would be better for her to wait for a couple of years until she was bigger and had moved up to scouts which didn’t clash. So that’s another children’s activity we’re committed to.

Home, changed, work...

Everyone, who’s taking part in it, finally received their “walking around the world” kits tonight, I’m quite jealous of them, especial the nice little rucksacks, but I couldn’t really take part given that I’m probably going to have to go into hospital before it’s over. Karina managed her 3 peaks challenge over the weekend ….well done that girl

No comments: