Tuesday 17 August 2010

Back to Work and Very Sweaty

Tonight I was facing the first night (back at work) of my three night stint; it’s back full time next week. Because of this the day held little of consequence for me. I‘d stayed up most of the night in order to sleep during the day and this I duly did. I’ve no idea what the kids did while I slept because whatever it was did not entail them making sufficient noise to wake me up. The moral is obvious – if you’re going to be naughty then being naughty quietly is the better strategy.


I woke eventually at about 6:00 PM, had a bite to eat, beat the children (working on the principle that they must have been up to something and that if they hadn’t then this would, instead, act as a deterrent to future miscreant behaviour…it worked for My Mother) goodbye and cycled to work. I’m not so sure that cycling is the best decision I’ve made recently; because by the time I arrived I was drenched in sweat and feeling as if I were about to suffer from a bout of the “Vapours”! I resolved, in future, to bring a towel so that I might take advantage of the ablutions, on site, to cool myself down. The night passed slowly and things were quite busy, early on, given the time of year. When things did quieten down I took the opportunity to catch up on last weeks blog posts. Eventually 8:00 AM arrived and I cycled home. Once more, on arrival I was bathed in sweat such that it appeared that I had availed myself of the services of a sauna rather than simply cycled a few miles. Well I think I’ve stretched this post out enough, I’ve still got to write tomorrow’s and the next days because once again I’m using the quiet of the night, the last this week, to catch up on backlogged blogs…Happy Friday Everyone!

No comments: