Sunday 15 August 2010

Sunday Rugby School, iPad, Pony, Angry for No Reason

Today was the final day of the Vipers’ Summer Rugby School and it was a beautiful sunny day. We all four went to the club to watch the final mornings training and then stay for the BarBQ and bouncy castle and tombola etc. Things were fine to begin with but I let the side down by having one drink to many and becoming angry and annoyed for no good reason. I only had three pints so I’m blaming and empty stomach and the hot weather. Before all this we were chatting with Brandon’s parents, Paula and Mark, only to discover that Paula, the jammy minx, had found an Apple iPad in the road. She assumed that someone had perhaps placed it on the roof of their car and then driven off forgetting it was there; whatever the explanation she found herself with a brand new, fully working, slightly chipped iPad with nothing installed on it give any clue as to the identity of the genuine owner. Hannah and I spent sometime stroking the Shetland pony in an adjacent field, after that she then spent mucho pennies buying tombola tickets. She kept winning, the lucky bugger, when I had a go I won diddly squat! At the presentation at the end of the day’s events was awarded with a silver certificate for his efforts.

We returned home although I left our party at Sainsbury’s and bought some more beer. I walked home with these to find the kids had departed to their bedrooms to avoid me and Deb was in the garden studiously ignoring me. No one to blame but myself, eventually, after watching an episode of How The Universe Works, I cut my losses and went to bed. I really don’t know why I was angry and where the black moods come from but, unfortunately, every now and again they come!

No comments: