Monday 2 August 2010

Monday - Occ Nurse forgets me, Home, tired, boxing

As you’ll have seen in the previous entry, I returned to work on Sunday night and it was exhausting.
I would, normally, have finished at 08:00 but I’d an appointment to see the Occupational Nurse at 09:00 so I stayed on. At 09:20, after I’d checked in with the OH secretary, I was advised that the nurse had forgotten the appointment and was, in fact, visiting another company site many miles away. Five minutes later I received an extremely apologetic call from her to arrange another time. Eventually we agreed to wait until I had returned to work to do three days and that she would email me then to arrange for us to finally meet! To say I was annoyed would be an understatement, by this time I was exhausted and hurting and remaining on site for the additional one and a half hours was something I would rather have avoided. I cycled home, slowly, to discover that the kids were still in bed so settled down to have a relaxing beer before waking them. I don’t recall doing a lot after that and eventually went to bed at midday to catch a few hours of shuteye. I got up around 16:00 and the four of us drove to the boxing club. Nat and Hannah appeared to enjoy the session but both were exhausted by the end because the physical regimen is very demanding.

No comments: