Wednesday 18 August 2010

Cinema, Hannah Music, Piano,

Deb and the kids went to the cinema this morning with Sian and Joshua and left me to get some sleep. On a different note (pun intended) Hannah seems to be rediscovering her musical talents; a few years back she started having piano lessons but she gave them up because the sessions proved to be too long, after all, she was only six! At the time we bought her an electronic keyboard and for the last two years or so it’s lingered, forlorn and virtually unused, in a corner of the lounge. Whatever the reason, she’s decided to start playing it again and, it appears, she has quite a degree of natural talent. She rapidly picks up tunes and is quickly playing them with astonishing competence. Deb asked me to surf the net for piano lesions, which I did, and we’ve now downloaded a number of free teaching programmes. Maybe Nat’s the academic child and she’s the artistic one? The only problem with that is that she still needs to know the academic stuff, if she’s to have a future, and it remains an effort to get her to take an interest in such things. Deb says to give her time but I fear that while we’re doing that we might well run out of it. This could be why I’m so short tempered with her and lack patience; on the other hand it could be her surely demeanour whenever you ask her to do something. I know teenage girls are a pain in the arse but she could, at least, have waited until she became one! Please God don’t let Nat become “Kevin the Teenager” in October when he turns thirteen; if that happens I predict a family annihilation…to, any police, social workers or other concerned busybody reading the foregoing…it’s a joke…honest!!! If I could write only another twenty four words I’d have cracked the three hundred barrier but unfortunately I can’t think of anything else that I want to convey from my mind to your mind, dearest reader, through my fingers via this keyboard and the electronic media it can create. Three hundred and sixty four; how the f**k did that happen?

No comments: